Little Green Footballs

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Anxious America

A new poll being reported at Reuters shows the high anxiety and growing uncertainty of the American public with regards US Foreign Policy, the War on Terror and Iraq.

Americans are anxious about the direction of U.S. foreign policy and how the country is perceived overseas and a majority believe the government has been too quick to go to war, a survey released on Tuesday said.

"Contrary to conventional wisdom that the American public doesn't know and doesn't care how it is seen abroad, strong majorities" believe the U.S. image overseas is suffering and "large majorities are worried about it," the survey concluded.

Some 63 percent of Americans say the charge that the United States has been too quick to go to war is justified and three-quarters worry about losing trust abroad and about the growing hatred of the United States in Muslim countries, it said.

"So far, public thinking is a disquieting mix of high anxiety, growing uncertainty about current policy and virtually no consensus about what else the country might do," the survey concluded.

7 comments:

Pablo said...

A poll about feelings! By Reuters!

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :-)

Pablo said...

ISLAM IS NOT A RACE. ISLAM IS AN IDEOLOGY.

Is that clear enough?

Pablo said...

Until some nerd recalculate the numbers and realized that the number of dead Iraqis exceeded the populations of Iraq.

Uh, that's 25 million. And that's not counting the foreign jihadis that comprise a big chunk of "the enemy".

Are you high or something?

Pablo said...

Appeal to Popularity

Quotes/links would be a good way to prove your thesis. But of course, you can't do it. So, let's add...

Attacking the Person

You are a logical fallacy.

Pablo said...

LMAO! Hypocrite! This is the 4th time I've had to point out that, due to your past behavior, you are in no position to make judgements about the way other people behave online.

Ok. This will be the 4th time I ask you to provide a link/quote and you'll fail to do it.

This will also be the ~115th time I've noted that you're all personal attack and no substantive argument.

What's your point, fool?

Pablo said...

FGL, you are a freak and a half. You're a stalker, and your imagination knows no bounds.

I'm sure I'm wasting my time in saying this, but I wish you'd just ignore me. You should seek help. You're certainly not helping here.

It's time you medicated the voices in your head.

Pablo said...

You keep demanding that I find out information about you

You are truly insane. Where have I demanded that you find things out about me? How does your fetid little brain take my assurance that you know virtually nothing about me and mold it into a demand for investigation?

I guess it's like this:

Speaking of which....

you're all personal attack Pablo

FGL, you are a freak and a half. Pablo


You took my accusation that you have nothing to say other than argument ad hominem, and tried to refute it by saying that I've used ad hominem, therefore I'm a hypocite.

What sort of mental gymnastices did it take for you to ignore the "nothing but" part of my accusation?

Here's how it works. I just took your argument and shredded it, logically. Now, I can call you a freak and not be guilty of using "nothing but" ad hominem.

Got that, freak?