Senior political analyst Charles Johnson has managed to shoot himself in the proverbial foot yet once more. It all started when he underlined his firm refusal to align himself with fascist organizations from Europe, such as Vlaams Belang et al., by posting in which respect they are by definition fascists. [link: http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/31912_What_is_Fascism]. A stance LGF Watch has applauded him for, only to get a "F*** you" in return from the classy lizard tyrant, by the way [http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/27674 , comment #299].
Anyhoo, let's look at the points that Chuckles has posted and figure out why this counts as an own goal in some respects..
The correlation between these points, the tactics and positions of the Vlaams Belang, and the rationalizations of the “anti-Islamization” groups who are making alliances with them, is simply stunning.
* a sense of overwhelming crisis beyond the reach of any traditional solutions; [Check]
* the primacy of the group, toward which one has duties superior to every right, whether individual or universal, and the subordination of the individual to it; [Like the lizard's right to agree, and their solemn duty to shove their dissent up their green scaly derrieres..]
* the belief that one’s group is a victim, a sentiment that justifies any action, without legal or moral limits, against its enemies, both internal and external; [Let's see.. Oh, here's one]
* dread of the group’s decline under the corrosive effects of individualistic liberalism, class conflict, and alien influences; [Also the damage of different opinions and intellectual arguments. Evidence found here]
* the need for closer integration of a purer community, by consent if possible [Closely monitored registration times..], or by exclusionary violence if necessary; [.. and bannings galore. Yup.]
* the need for authority by natural chiefs (always male), culminating in a national chieftain who alone is capable of incarnating the group’s historical destiny; [Need I say anything?]
* the superiority of the leader’s instincts over abstract and universal reason; [Uh huh..]
* the beauty of violence and efficacy of will, when they are devoted to the group’s success [Check]
So is Charles Johnson a fascist? Probably not, however sometimes methinks he doesn't notice how his monstrosity of a blog - along with his bootlicking fanbase - is oddly similar to a little pathetic fascist circle.